The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

carcasherdotcom seocontest - watch Google work!

So what the hell does "carcasherdotcom seocontest" mean?

To you? Nothing. Unless you're into SEO. (That's Search Engine Optimization btw.)

To me? Mild interest and amusement. Except for this:

The Lactivist is involved, and "lactivism" is cool.

The Lactivist is a hot mamma on a mission! She's a donator to and an advocate for milk banking, a process wherein nursing mothers donate their breast milk to organizations that give it to babies that need it. It sounds strange, true, but this is apparently real. Sometimes there really are babies out there who aren't getting breast milk from their moms, and I'm not all that down with the idea of "baby formula" myself. If I were ever to be a mom, I wouldn't want to use formula unless I absolutely had to.

But this is where the cool factor comes in. She has some of the funniest shirts about breastfeeding! This is why I give the woman props. Anyone who has a sense of humor as irreverent as my own earns my admiration and respect.

So I want to help out her cause. This is where carcasherdotcom seocontest comes in. See, there's this silly little SEO pissing contest out there to find out who's Kung-Fu is better. There are prizes involved, including cash offerings and an iPod, and The Lactivist (whose "day job" is SEO) has vowed to enter the contest and donate the winnings to milk banks. And as we all know, the best way to mess with the search engines is to link to web pages using certain phrases.

So here's the deal. If you wanna help her win, link to this page: http://thelactivist.blogspot.com/2006/02/carcasherdotcom-seocontest.html.

Use one of these eight phrases:

"carcasherdotcom seocontest"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest for milk banks"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest for milk bank awareness"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest milk bank fundraiser"

"how carcasherdotcom seocontest helps babies"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest for premature babies"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest funding mother's milk"

"carcasherdotcom seocontest helps breast milk banking"

Leave the link on your site for the whole year. Post about it, add it to your blogroll if you have one, put a link somewhere on your personal site, whatever. (If you follow the "carcasherdotcom" link that I have in this post, or the link above my blogroll, you'll find more details about the contest.) If you know anybody else who wants to help out, get them to put a link on their website too. And then occasionally you can type the phrase into Google (or Yahoo or MSN) to see how she and everyone else in the contest is doing.

Or if you're really bored you can hit some SEO forums and read people talking about a) the contest b) SEO stuff. I happen to think it's really neat (aside from the fact that it's a good thing to know for my job).

PS - ***removed because I think this is cool and other people don't so whatever.***

PPS - Hey Carpetblogger, I keep meaning to put the Jooglebomb link on my site. Wouldya remind me if it doesn't happen today? Danke. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I think it is lame to use a linkbait like this lactivism thing. In the v7n contest there are guys using the celiac kids story just to win the competition. This is not black hat. This is disgusting gray hat.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    *sigh* Either I've done something really dumb or you just don't get it. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the people who read my blog know what black/white/gray hat is. I guess I'll rid my post of the comment made out of some silliness since people are going to comment about it.

     
  • At 1:08 AM, Anonymous carcasherdotcom seocontest said…

    Hi,

    I think the lactivist is a good site and think it's cool that you guys are spreading the word. I'm planning to use the winnings for a local humane society myself. My site is dedicated to dogs so it seemed like a natural fit.

    anyways, who ever wins, the lactivist or Jake Your Lilly, at least the money goes to a needed cause!

    best of luck!

    Dustin Twiggs
    (Dustin07 from www.jakeyourlilly.com)

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    Alright now. I let the one person leave a link in my blog because they actually took the time to comment intelligently. But blatant blog spam is right out! If you are thinking of doing this, know that I am watching and you will be deleted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log