The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A manifesto for living my life

Explanation: This hasn't come out of the blue. This is something I've been kicking around in my head for a while, and recent personal events have inspired me to put it into writing. This is just a personal statement on behalf of myself, and I say why not share it with the masses?

I choose positivity.

I choose to no longer believe anyone's perceptions of myself or what they think I should be if these perceptions hold me down. I choose to let go of my own preconceived notions of who I think I should be in accordance to what society deems "appropriate."

I choose to make decisions for myself. To no longer weep over a life lived "alone." I choose to stand up for myself and be heard, no matter who the person is who is not listening. And I choose to disregard those who refuse to listen to me, or see me as I truly am.

I choose respect.

I choose to align myself with my highest potential. To walk the sometimes difficult path to discovering what that potential is, regardless of how "strange" others may deem it. I choose to set my own terms for how I see the world, and give myself the ability to still look and listen to reality, and adjust my thinking when necessary.

I choose to learn.

I choose to believe in a greater good for all. To help those who ask, whenever they are ready. I choose to no longer give energy to those who refuse to change for the better, no matter their reason. When they are ready, I will be there for them.

I choose to walk the lighter path.

I choose a love for myself that is honest. I choose to have friends who are supportive. I will always choose the better path for myself, and I am willing to let go of those who will follow me no longer. I will do what must be done, go where I need to, and I will not wait for those who are not willing to go with me.

I choose to live.

And so now my question is, are you with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log