The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Friday, November 18, 2005

News from the front...

So I took today off of work to help with my mother's garage sale out at the lake house.

I had a lot of different things running through my head that I wanted to write about, and now that I am writing I've drawn a complete blank. I suppose the main thing is just the slight anxiety I've noticed I've had ever since I got here last night. I feel slightly trapped, as there's really not a lot to do out here, and I had to be outside with my mother and her neighbor, Trish, all day today. I drank coffee like a fiend (a whole pot of it to myself, strong) and ended up gorging myself on chinese food for dinner.

These are some of the signs of what I have come to term as "Uncomfortable Rose."

I never realized so clearly how much my own space is important to me. Which can really be anywhere, and translates to "alone time." Sometimes it can even involve other people (like when I took smoke breaks at LDI last weekend), but it usually requires me leaving my current circumstance and running off to acquire either a) coffee b) at least one cigarette or c) both. But even then I don't need to run off after my vices. I just need a change of scene, a chance to breathe, or something.

I used to think there was something wrong with me because of this, sort of. I can't really describe it except that today I've looked at it in a different light. It makes sense. And it doesn't mean I love my mother any less or anything.

*shrugs* I dunno.

The fun thing from today is that Trish makes really cool cigar box purses and swarovski crystal jewelry. (And yes, I am linking to her by these specific words to help spread the SEO love.) I got one with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on one side and the Arc de Triumph on the other. I love it muchly, and it is one of a kind. :-D

And I unwound by watching The Man In the Iron Mask. It's just an all-around fun movie with action, honor, romance, etc. that really isn't a brilliant cinematic work nor was it made to be. And I am a sucker for Gerard Depardieu. I think he was really funny as Porthos. (I pretty much ignore Leo DiCaprio's performance as Louis XIV. He made a better Phillipe, his Louis seemed forced. So much for the "Sun King.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log