The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Monday, November 14, 2005

It's finally over...

And my feet still hurt.

Well, not all that much anymore. But I did do a number on my heels yesterday, having opted to switch to the cheap shoes I had opted not to wear for the other two days of the show. I threw in some Dr. Scholl's, so the bottoms of my feet were comfy. Unfortunately the backs of the shoes rubbed my heels raw, and no band-aid could solve the problem. It was rather amusing to be limping around during the load-out, only to remove my shoes in the parking lot on the way to the car and be able to zip along.

We waited four hours for all of our empty boxes to be delivered to the booth so we could pack everything up. Yeesh. One of our neighboring booths was playing loud music, and I couldn't help it, I had to dance. So I went over to the booth next door, who were wise enough to have comfy floor padding installed under their little square of carpet, and I started to dance. I definitely got some attention. *blush* But it was fun, and I really didn't care.

The funny thing about it was that normally I wouldn't have the balls to do anything like that. And here's the other thing; I didn't have a single shred of anxiety throughout the whole show. It didn't even occur to me until last night. This is amazing, because most times I am forced to be in circumstances where I talk to lots and lots of people, some of them important, I get anxious as hell. It wears me out. And now? None! I do believe the meds are working. This is simply amazing!

I'll be posting pictures, and probably giving more insightful commentary later.

In other news, I've taken to listening to NPR in the mornings now before work. It's kind of nice, and I can still listen to music in my car without worrying about missing much news. And I've been hearing a lot about the riots that have been going on in Paris in the last few weeks.

This is rather disappointing to me. My usual statement upon getting overly fed up with living in America is "That's it, I'm moving to France." But now the glamorous sheen has been taken off of my beloved "Gay Paree."

Call it self-centeredness? I hadn't realized that any "Western" country other than America had a problem with racial integration. I mean, yeah, there's going to be some sort of prejudice everywhere you go. But enough of a problem to cause riots for 18 days so far?? They use the number of cars set on fire every night as a standard of how bad things are. This is really sad. I guess European countries aren't as cool as I thought they were. Although I hear Denmark is nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log