The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What a long, strange week it has been...

So yeah, I um broke up with my boyfriend at about 3:30 last Wednesday morning. I realized I wouldn't be able to wake up for work, or even wake up in time to call in, so I ran off to Denny's with a friend until the designated call-in time. Took Wednesday off, felt frustrated and remorseful. Felt the same on Thursday, and sent an email to him on Friday. His response irked me, so I was rather miffed all of Saturday, and sent him a more tense email in reply. Got a response on Sunday that made me even more agitated, to the point of outright bitching. So then Monday morning I find an email that makes me so royally pissed I had to write a very long, angry email full of cheap shots that I had to edit before I could send off. This pissed him off, and he sent an angry response back, repeating the thing to me that had set me off in the first place. I get it Monday night, fly into a blind rage, send back a response where I type so hard that I nearly break my keyboard in half, and run off crying to my friends.

And then in talking to my friends I gained perspective, let go of the anger, went back home, and found him online. We talked some things through, and made up as best we could for the moment.

Now I'm just back to being sad, but we're friends.

Was this the fastest break-up/make-up ever, or am I just delusional?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Smivey said…

    I find it's much easier to break up with someone when you hate her guts. Doesn't hurt as much that way. Well, not for me, at least.

    Oh, and yes, I believe that was the fastest break-up/make-up in history (without involving sex).

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    Yeah, it is easier when you hate the other person's guts. *grins* But my shrink says that breaking up like this is normal apparently?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log