The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I know now what I must do...

Last night a friend of mine told me that there is a bar in the French Quarter of New Orleans that, since the first day it opened for business, has never closed.

This bar was apparently open during Katrina, and those who stayed in the French Quarter went and hung out there.

This bar was also apparently acting for a short time as both a hospital and a point of communication for those who needed it.

I must visit this bar before I die. This is my new life mission.

In other news: Blar!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Ginny said…

    Hey! Is Blar yours? Neat!
    Yep. That bar has been on the news a lot this week. I told my sister we have to go there, as well. I also need to find the obscene hotdog stand in Chicago.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    Obscene hotdog stand? Sounds like fun!

    Alas, Blar is not mine. Blar is Drew's. Check him our at www.drewweing.com. :-)

    PS - I totally owe you an email, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to it yet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log