The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Where is My Mind?

Waaaaaaaay out in the water.

See it swimming.

So it has been brought to my attention by one of my "fans" (cleverly disguised as my boyfriend) that it has been a rather long time since I've posted here. And since I am always out to please my fans, I've come back.

There's just been a lot going on, both on the inside and the out, and I've been caught up in the malestrom of it all. So where to begin?

Well, for starters, I should remark that it has also been pointed out to me by another avid reader that there are those amongst you that might not understand 1337sp34k (or "leetspeak"), and therefore did not get my clever little joke about the Yakov Smirnoff theater. For those who didn't get it, "pwn3d" translates to "owned" which the Microsoft Parent's Primer to Computer Slang defines thusly:

"pwn": A typo-deliberate version of own, a slang term often used to express superiority over others that can be used maliciously, depending on the situation. This could also be spelled "0\/\/n3d" or "pwn3d," among other variations. Online video game bullies or "griefers" often use this term.

You can see how I would find a lot of amusement out of this, as I am one of the last people on the planet who would even remotely consider myself "1337."

In other news, my motherboard apparently became a casualty of one of our typical Florida afternoon thunderstorms, despite my surge protector's best efforts. At home I now have no internet, no iTunes, no way to create art digitally, no way to make music, no way to watch Robot Chicken. I am suffering withdrawl, and I believe this qualifies me for honorary geek status.

And if internet withdrwal doesn't do it, the fact that I am now on a mission to piece together my own modded out machine definitely does. My training is almost complete. Soon I will be a padawan no more! In the meantime I'll probably be borrowing an old and busted hand-me-down system from my parents, to get me re-connected to my little online world. Oh the agony! The frustration! Well, y'know, I could, like, always draw or something... But what would be the fun in that?

Speaking of old and busted, I think I may be losing my car soon. I've clung to her desperately for years. How could I ever betray my beloved Stella? She has been with me through thick and thin, hauling around theatrical supplies, friends, art, and the contents of my various dorm rooms and apartments for nearly ten years. I have had wild delusions of keeping her and rebuilding her (better, faster, stronger), making her the most badass Volvo around. But my parents have gently suggested to me that this can never happen, and I must take on another, more reliable vehicle in the meantime. They've even offered an old vehicle of theirs to get me by. It's not bad. It's got way better pickup, a decent stereo, loads of room. The catch?

It's a minivan.

Can I stress that word enough? Make it drip blood even? Iesus Christo! A muthafuckin' 1995 Honda Odyssey!? *weary sigh* I can feel my bohemian, "indy-rock-cool" self draining slowly away... However, if it does become mine outright the first thing I am going to do is plaster a NIN sticker very prominently on the back, followed by various other stickers to assert my dominance of personality over my vehicle. By the by, have I mentioned that I'm actually a punk sixteen-year-old masquerading as a mature young woman of twenty-five?

And before I get back to work, an update on the therapy front. I have found a psychologist, and I see her this Saturday afternoon. Hopefully she's down with the fact that I am Pagan and psychic. (For real yo! Bitch, I'll read your tarot cards somethin' good!) If not, the hunt continues...

And yeah, if you live in the Orlando area (or talk to me online or over the phone), I really will read your cards for you if you ask. 'S no trouble. Honest.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log