The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Monday, June 06, 2005

So did I tell you?

Hooray! I got paid today!

Okay, so did I tell you that my checkbook got stolen last weekend? (Well, perhaps it just mysteriously disappeared...) Oh yeah, I didn't.

Well, anyway, in keeping up with a yearly tradition (three years running now) something happened to apparently compromise my bank information and I have had to switch my account number. I was really sweating the weekend as I was counting on getting paid on Friday, but due to the nature of direct deposit and having to redirect numbers and whatnot, I was told I would not get paid until Tuesday.

It's Christmas come early! Woohoo! Now I get to pay my credit card bill! (This actually gives me pleasure, believe it or not.)

As part of this yearly tradition, what seems to follow my bank info being compromised is some sort of huge personal change in my life. The first time, I quit smoking. (Hey, I lasted two years. That's more than a lot of people.) The second time, I got the job at Techni-Lux and left the world of part-time retail far behind me. This time? That remains to be seen.

I am, however, hopeful for the best.

Speaking of funny dreams (yeah, I know, I wasn't...)

Last night I dreamed I was sort of dating Robin Williams. Now, I don't know how this actually came about, as from what I remember it was just fact at that point, but it was rather amusing to have my family know, and to call him by his first name and whatnot. There was some issue with me about making sure that he knew that I was interested in him still (for some reason. I think I was dating other people at the same time?), and that I wanted to make time for him. But my efforts were all in vain, for the next night I discovered he blew me off for two blonde bimbos.

I was a little hurt.

I ended up yelling at the talking statue of Bush (W., not H.W.) that stood in the security area (don't ask), so when my unknown friend showed up to hang out, we had to sneak through other floors of the building. (Dream logic is fun!)


So, how was your day?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not to insert myself into everything but the need for reassurance sounds a little familiar (me? need reassurance? never!) and wanted to assure you that I'm not planning on ditching you for any blonde bimbos. I would get bored with bimbos, and they're nothing as amazing, sexy, wonderful, charming, funny, etc as you are my dear. And yay for getting paid! -T

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    Has anyone told you how totally awesome you are lately? I think it bears much repeating...

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't forget you're just as awesome. ;) -T

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log