The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Poking my nose out of my hidey-hole

I sometimes wonder how many people are actually checking my blog every day. Probably not many. But for those of you who do miss a daily posting from me, I apologize. My attentions have been focused elsewhere at the moment, and although I have been making a point of being more openly Pagan, there are some things it's still best not to talk about.

Anywho, visiting my grandparents was quite civil, especially since I ignored the little gibes my grandma threw out every now and again. She gave me some jewelry, and although I really don't wear gold (and I get the feeling that even if I told her this she would still think gold is the better metal), I thought it was sweet. She does think of me, and she does care in her way. Perhaps that's enough for now.

I even got to bum around my childhood neighborhood with my brother and his girlfriend. We scoped out our old street, drove past several former schools, took a long walk on the beach of our youth, and pretty much just had a good time. So much has changed, and yet so much has remained the same. It was the experience I had wanted to have with my ex, but he was never inclined to do so, he always just wanted to go back home. Just another thing to be sad about for a spell I suppose.

And, of course, now that my finances are getting back into shape, I had to make my regular pilgrimage to Lush. I have become an ideal marketing statistic, and I couldn't be happier. I love this company, both because their products are simply amazing and because of the way they sell me things. Case in point, I make a bee line for my favorite conditioner, and one of the girls working there walks up to me and starts talking to me about how awesome it is as she uses it herself, and then starts telling me about how awesome the shampoo she uses is.

That's the thing, all of these girls use and love the products they sell. But not every single product, and not always the most expensive products either. They each have their own honest opinions, based on honest experiences, and all they have to do is share them with you. How easy of a sales position is that? For a brief moment, you're not being sold on a product, you're making a connection with a friendly person of similar interests. The marketing strategy practically writes itself. Would that all retail experiences could be so honest and trustworthy. (And yes, I'll bet these girls get commissions and are actually very good at what they do. I am not that naive, but I do love being sold to when I want to be.)

So I spent more money than I planned, but oh my hair smells so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log