The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Behind every negative occurrence...

...is a Negative Thought (tm). How to solve problems in your life? Find the negative thoughts behind the occurrences, admit them, and replace them with a positive one.

Negative Thoughts (tm) I have unearthed in my head recently:

No one decent is interested in me/wants to be friends with me because I am too fat.

This is an old one from my college days. (Yeah, you all remember what I used to look like.) It's not like I wasn't consciously aware of it, but there's a difference between being caught up in a thought and understanding that this is a thought that is holding me back. And so the "Of course! No wonder I wasn't getting any!" light went off in my head. Not like I'm feeling that way right now, but after opening my eyes and realizing that big girls really do get love too (honest, genuine, real love even), I think maybe I can be a little more okay with myself whatever my body happens to look like at the moment. (After all the ups and downs I've had with my metabolism, I think I need to be prepared to be just about any clothing size. But at least I know I'll always look good!)

I'm not a "real" witch, so my spells won't work.


How amusing it is to me to realize that I needed to come up with a positive thought to counteract that one. You would think that after all this time I would have more confidence in my abilities. Sheesh! Maybe now more of my little spellworkings will pay off... (Yes, some of them have worked before, but the stuff that has brought about the most results usually comes from practicing with others.)

I'm still working on unearthing what keeps me stuck in the cycle of "Get a job. Get bored with said job. Stay stuck in job for longer than needed. Get a new job." Yes, believe it or not, this is tricky business.

Nothing simple is ever easy.

And you can quote me on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log