The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Something borrowed, something blue...

...and a penny in your shoe.

They always leave out that last part. But I suppose if I was going to be having a big fancy wedding and be on my feet all day in shoes that look better than they feel for the sake of this being my one "big day" and all, I'd want to leave the penny out of the shoe too.

But pennies in shoes isn't really the issue of the day (although there are plenty of them scattered around the old apartment, along with other loose currency).

Something blue is what I'm talking about. And that something blue is my ex's yarmulke
. Somehow, this innocent little cultural item (made of suede, not cloth mind you) ended up being left behind in the old bedroom. And again, somehow it got mixed in with the pile of white sheets lying on the floor, waiting to be washed.

The 350 threadcount sheets.

The only set of sheets for my bed I own at the moment.

And now there are several nice blue stains on the outer corner of the only white 350 threadcount fitted sheet I have for my bed. (There is no hiding this against the wall, but I suppose I could hide it under the covers...)

However, I think the yarmulke survived.

Of course, I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I really feel. It's more amusing to me than anything. My ex and I had some small words over who would get the bed, and it seems like he unintentionally got in the last one. Frankly, I was more worried about the yarmulke than the sheets. However, I was promised my pretty dress
in payment for packing and shipping my ex's belongings back to him. (And disposing of the things he doesn't want anymore.) I have been hard pressed to acquire said dress in a size becoming to me, so perhaps this is a sign to get new bedclothes instead...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous SB said…

    It is a sign you should tie-dye those sheets. ;^)

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    Tie-dye? My lovely 350 thread-count sheets? My friends would start calling me a "tree-hugging hippie" or something! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log