The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Election Day Eve...

Sorry I haven't updated yet. I do have some strips, and they are kinda funny and cute. I've just been really tired for the past week. I've also been intent on bringing my darling boyfriend food and company in the evenings, as he has been trapped in the tech closet at Kerry HQ for the past few weeks. Boy did I feel guilty about being away from home for so long. (My cats are also pretty damn needy too.)

It's really exciting though. In an exhausting way. I'm sitting in the tech closet right now actually, and the buzz of volunteers and staffers at this late hour is fascinating. Every time I come in here it's a hub of activity that never ceases. I am truly awed and humbled.

As a reward for their hard work, the Kerry staffers were invited to greet the man himself when his plane touched down at OIA the other night. I got to go along too, and had the privilidge of taking this photo...

I have met a lot of neat people, however briefly, during these past few months. So many people have transplanted to Orlando, inspired to make a difference. I've met people from Texas, Alaska, Massachussetts, Georgia, as well as a few locals too! All inspired to work hard to get one man elected into office. You want to feel like you haven't done anything with your life? Hang out in a campaign HQ.

Well, it's getting pretty late, and I'm still tired. I'm hoping for a freakin' landslide tomorrow night. I'm thinking that we've got another "Dewey Defeats Truman" situation on our hands. I'm hoping that my country won't let me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log