The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

And So, We Inherit The Wind...

So it's been a while. When did I last post? Oh. Right.

All of that busy-ness I was writing about, the buzz and hum, the excitement. It's all gone now. The big room where all of the desks and volunteers were is empty and hollow now. A few signs and pieces of furniture are all that's left sitting around. I've only been in there once since the election, and for the five minutes I was there it was the saddest place in the world.

Mike's been helping with the cleanup, and he's had to be in there every single day since the election. Shattered doesn't even begin to cover his state of mind.

Did the Dole campaign feel this distraught when Clinton won in '96?

I didn't want America to be the global bully it has become. Apparently half the country thinks we should be. Do I belong here? The only hope I have is that approximately half of the country agrees with me.

And that Barack Obama won by a landslide in Illinois.

Besides, this country has suffered much corruption and dissent (submitted for your approval: the Civil War, the Depression, the Vietnam Era, Reganomics). We've survived, and life has gone on. We will survive this too, and I will be part of the fight. So despite all of my feverish election night plans to move to Canada (or Europe), I know I have to stay in America. I have to stay and fight for what I believe is just and fair.

Just not in Florida.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Kevin Wadlow said…

    On the upside, there's rumor of e-voting fraud on behalf of the Republicans. 'Course Kerry gave in so it's a little late to matter.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger The Fabulous Miss Rose said…

    True, but Kerry's concession is merely cosmetic. If the election had proven false and needed a recount, he could have rescinded his concession and taken his rightful place as POTUS.

    That being said, he conceded disappointingly early.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log