The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

The Girl In Black UPDATE 7-25-04

So yeah, that getting something to drink and eat turned into running errands, cleaning the bathroom, dinner, a show, sleep, and brunch. Not that it matters, I don't think anyone is really paying attention to me yet. Anyway, here is an explanation of why I haven't updated The Girl In Black in a while...

About four months ago, I was working a part-time retail job, had no health insurance, was living in my old apartment, and had a boyfriend who smoked about a pack a day.

Right about now I am working full-time doing marketing and graphic design for a kickass company (I may or may not talk about work...I haven't decided yet), am living in my new apartment, have a boyfriend who is no longer smoking (it's been a month and he's doing awesome), and am expecting my health insurance card in the mail any day (woohoo!). So, it is suffice to say that I haven't really done much of anything except get up, go to work, and come home for the past few months.

But I'm better now.

Oh, the other thing that has been holding me back is that about four months ago I purchased a brand new computer, which I subsequently forgot about and left abandoned in my new "office." I just found out a week ago that my scanner hasn't been playing nicely with my new OS yet (Hopefully I can fix this soon) and all of my old material is sitting, hermetically sealed, in a tower by the window. (It's just bugging me that I can't access all my old stuff and that there's a totally new organization system on my computer that I have to get used to now.)

So that's where I've been all this time. I've got new strips to put up, I just have to get them scanned in somehow. Once that happens, I plan to keep up with them. I'll post news about them here and title the post "The Girl In Black UPDATE" with the date, because I think I'm gonna write other stuff here too. And that's it. I hope this blog is as informative and entertaining for you to read as it is for me to write.

Okay, it's Sunday. Time to go do all that other stuff that I didn't do on Saturday and can't do while I'm working... *sigh*

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I'm glad to see you updating your comic... I found it back in February and loved it, I would check back about every few weeks or so and about gave up hope until I saw this last one. Don't work too hard. I don't normally post in these blog thingies, but I saw no one had yet and figured you needed to know that someone was reading your comics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log