The Girl in Black

Se necesita una poca de gracia.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Check Me Out, I'm Awesome!

So I'm probably one of the last people to jump in on this whole "blog" craze. Which is ironic, because the reason I didn't get a blog in the first place was because by the time I had heard about it I figured that all of the "cool people" were already blogging and doing a fine job, so why should I crash the party with what would obviously be seen as a "pay attention to me!" ploy? (I don't know where the tendency in me to demand to be the newest and bestest and most specialest in whatever I do came from. Or the silly thought that I have to be a "pioneer" because that way there isn't anyone else to compare me to, so I can't fuck up. It's all very counterproductive.) But now I suppose that blogs have become more of a "tool" than a "fad", since all of the marketing magazines I've been reading are offering tips on "how-to-create-a-business-blog-because-it-will-be-oh-so-useful-to-you-and-
make-you-money." Wait...


So, anyway, I really decided to create a blog to keep people updated on my various art and cartooning projects. There are a few people out there (whom I have never met) who think that my comic strip is pretty good and worth tracking me down for. In my infinite subconscious attempts to not get noticed by anyone, I neglected to post a link to my email address on my comic strip website. Which means that someone had to take the time to figure out how to find me. I don't know how easy this really was, but it impressed me a lot. And I thought that if there were a few people who actually did track me down, there must be a few more out there who like my stuff, but haven't tried to track me down because it's too complicated. (There is no shame in this, it's human nature. I do it too.) So now there's a place you can come to find out why I haven't been updating, what's been going on in my life, and my thoughts about stuff (comics, art, politics, food, etc.)

But this is just an introductory post. I want to write a very Girl In Black-centric post, but first I need to go get something to drink and maybe even eat. I'll be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free log